Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jeffrey's Trip to Houston- Houston we have a visual!!!

So here's how it all went down the week Jeffrey went to Houston on a Business Trip and a planned stop to deliver goodies to Ryan whilst in town.... Captains Log Star-date Feb 21, 1130 hrs. After successfully landing in Houston @ George Bush International I proceeded to obtain transportation in a fully loaded Dodge Caravan (aka) Black Kidnapper Van... I headed into the Houston Mission Office to rendezvous with President Pingree for a quick tour of the office and then some lunch...  President Pingree was awesome to take time out of his busy schedule to meet with me...  Thanks Again for Lunch President P! We had lunch at Papa's BBQ I highly recommend "Pappa's" they have really good food and its cheap!! So after lunch we headed back to the Mission Office and  that is when sighting number one occurs... Elder Ry had just come from the Houston Temple and had just dropped by the Mission office and was on his way back to Katy as we passed each other.... I was clueless and did not notice but apparently Ry saw us!!! So I head to my Hotel and unpack all of the stuff I had brought down to drop off at Ry's Apartment office. I head into Katy to do a stealth drop off at Ry's Apartment Office... I made the stealth drop unnoticed and headed back into Houston... I spent the remainder of the week pretty much busy ... but, on Friday I had some additional time before I headed to dinner with some friends... So I headed back out into Katy to drop some additional gift cards to Ryan (The Boy is constantly Hungry!!) I made one last stop and grabbed a funny card to place the gift cards inside and to write a quick note... I planned to drive up by Ry's apartment and drop it off again in the Apartment Office but here is where it gets a little tricky... He lives in this huge apartment complex ringed by a ginormous black fence all around and when you drive in through the front gate you have to time it to get behind another car and follow them in... Once inside its limited parking and its only one way in and out of this place... So I hatch a brilliant plan to park on the side street write my card and them zip in and out for the delivery... What could possibly go wrong???? Captains Log Star-date Feb 24, 1530 hrs I find myself parked off the busy roadway on the side street next to Ryan's Apartment complex. I settle back into my seat jamming to some Country Music (Luke Bryan Ya All good stuff...) As I sit I notice the maintenance man cruising around in his little golf cart he does not appear to give me much notice so I a,m feeling like this is a good place to hide in plain sight... So the next thing I notice is some movement in peripheral vision.... Its the maintenance man cruising back the other way probably forgot a wrench or something.... More movement to my south no issue there just some other tenant.... Almost done with my little note.... when my peripheral vision makes out two very distinct objects.... two dudes in white shirts and ties and yep wholly crap!! its Ryan and his companion just coming out of their apartment!!! Kirk to Enterprise prepare to Warp set Phasers to Stun!! So I kinda lean forward and just verify what I am seeing is correct Yep no doubt its Elder Bell!! Okay he's looking scanning oh crap he looked right at me..... I just kinda slide back and down into my seat surely he has no clue its me the windows are blacked oh who am I kidding the kid has eyes like a Hawk..... So I sit and debate should I just gun it and head up the street or do I sit tight... I just sit tight he and his companion jump in their ride and head off!!! I just start laughing hysterically at how I had managed to park directly in front of his Apartment Building!!! Well so much for stealth approach.... I should have waited till dark oh well!!! So sighting number two!! I made the drop without any further ado and beat it back into Houston for a great dinner!! Well Ry it was good to see ya.... Hey, that's where my favorite Tie went...

No comments: